Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #57
sars101
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280420
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5 rs
silver ish

so i picked up a t70 for 7 bucks at a small random shop. but thats not why im posting.
all i ever hurd is t70 torx bit is to flush the transmission fluid.
so i went to "advance auto" and asked them to look up what kind of fluid i will need and how much (cause people love to guess with fluids). he showed me the weight and how much im going to need of it (i think it was 4.9 quarts).

so a week later i decided to change the transmission fluid and i wanted to comfirm how much im going to need. i asked my boss to call o'reilly auto parts cause we do alot of business with them. they told him 9 quarts. (it didnt seem right)

he said he will call subaru(we also do business with them) subaru said the transmision needs 9 quarts.

that was pissing me off cause
advance auto said 4.9 quarts
o'reilly said 9 quarts
subaru said 9 quarts
and i looked it up on this forum and i also saw less then 9 quarts in the transmission.

so being pissed off i had to search again and found out theirs 2 drain plugs to drain the transmission fluid

so have half of my transmission fluid is clean royal purple and the other half is dirty im guessing subaru transmission fluid (im not sure). im scared cause i was told not to mix 2 different types of fluid cause the type of stuff they put in them might cause one of them to fail quicker. .

so please pass it on the t70 torx bit isnt the only bolt you need to take off to fully drain the transmission.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sars101 is offline   Reply With Quote