Old 02-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #21
8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)

1) The Vortech RRFPR I have is missing 2 fittings
www.mcmaster.com has all the fittings you could ever want.

2) I still dont have fittings for the oil lines or oil return (using one of the pre-screw holed oil-galley plugs for it)
You can order one of the new galley plugs with the pre-threaded holes, and a 1/8"NPT fitting will screw into it fine even though it's BSPT.

3) I dont have the hoses for the oil lines or return
Do you have a tapped oil pan? Getting lines shouldn't be a problem for either once you have your ends worked out. The top you can get a pre-made Earl's -4an line (female -4an on both ends) and it'll work perfect if you've got fittings set up for that already. The bottom can use any number of things, as long as they seal and can be fairly decently heated since they'll be next to the header. I've seen both a rubber-type hose and stainless hose used.

4) I have to figure out where to mount the wrx coolant box that will supply the coolant to the turbo
I'm assuming this is for the JDM motor you mentioned? If you're not changing your radiator, you don't need to switch over to this system, just tap coolant lines into the heater core lines and call it a day.

5) Need to mount the legacy turbo crossmember i have coming before I do the rest of the kit (and borrow someones borla headers to do it)
Well, you have to pull the motor to do this anyways, so.... chop chop!

6) I need to have two pipes custom made, one small section for the intake and one 90 degree bend for the turbo to intercooler
Muffler shop? Race shop? If they're simple, you could always order pre-bent sections of tube and cut them to length.

7) I have to have a bracket for the turbo
Well, if you're using the WRX-type setup, it'll have a bracket that bolts to the corner of the head from the uppipe, that should be enough.

8) I need to have the S-AFC and ITC installed before I do everything else
So.... get to it!

9) Need to deal with taping for the EGT (suggested to use the old oil gally plug and the stock 02 sensor hole in the header)
Thats not a bad idea as I think it's the same thread, but I wonder about clearance. Otherwise I would just pull it off and have a muffler shop do it.

10) Have to deal with what vacum hoses I need or dont need (which deals with the custom piping as well)
There is no way to tell until you get in there and do it.

11) Have to wire up the EGT, Boost guage, and also the Pump for the air-water intercooler system
Do it at the same time as the gauges, make your life easy and get all the electrical done at once.

12) Have to figure out where to mount the pump for the air-water system
Next to the ABS is a great place if it's electronic. Low and out of the way, and making a bracket is simple if you don't just want to screw into the body there.

13) Still need a radiator/tranny cooler/oil cooler for the air-water system, something that has the right dimensions to fit in the front and isnt too small (and need to figure out how to mount it)
You've got a lot of room up there... pretty much anything will work as long as it isn't too thick. I believe that the opening in the RS bumper is 6x20, so anything within that size should work great.

14) Need all the piping for the air-water system (and all the other extra piping im going to need as well)
Rubber tube, isn't it? Go to the auto parts store and buy 15 feet and call it a day.

15) I cant afford to be without the car for more than one day
Plan for 3-5 days. If you can't get it, don't do it until you can.

16) I cant afford to pay for a shop to do ALL of this stuff
I don't blame you, but even they won't be able to do it within a day's time.

17) I dont know how to do wiring myself, and cant weld myself either
Wiring is easy, perhaps you can contract a sube nut locally to help you out that has done a decent amount of wiring.

18) I have the flu now
Lots and lots of vitamin C and sleep.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
8Complex is offline   Reply With Quote