Old 09-15-2022, 09:14 PM   #1437
WooHooBars
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528517
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default Update/Engine still not starting

Thanks to everyone who's replied thus far, I took your advice to ensure everything suggested was in check, and unfortunately, could not discover the issue. I went on vacation for a while and now I'm back to trying to get my car to start.

At this point I have installed the IATuning AVCS Bulkhead Wiring Kit, which I had high hopes would solve my problem because the kit includes wiring that communicates with the cam position sensors in the v7 EJ207. However, upon cranking the engine I have the same result as before. I decided to test the engine for spark and indeed there is none, which I assume to be because either some sensor is preventing the engine from getting spark, or there is some electrical/wiring issue causing the coils not to get any electrical charge. I replaced the spark plugs anyways to no avail, since I had ordered new ones and they finally came in. Plugging my OBDII scanner in after an attempted start yielded no results with the EJ207 ECU, however I decided to try it with the USDM 04 WRX ECU, and the following codes appeared: P1094, P1096, P1086, and P1088, all with the caption "Manufacturer control" listed below. I'm wondering if these are being caused simply by the USDM ECU not recognizing the sensors in the ej207, or if there could actually be an issue with the wiring to these components. I've also checked and double-checked all the relevant fuses. My hope is that it's something stupid I missed that I'll be able to fix without having to purchase and install an all new engine harness and wiring. Any and all advice is appreciated. If I forgot to add any details or information to this I'll post another comment later. Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WooHooBars is offline   Reply With Quote