Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324755
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Hatchback
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcon37 View Post
first time poster here guys so be easy. am also new to the whole bigger tire thing also, so I am just curious whats the biggest tire I can Fit under my car? 2008 STI, it has Eibach lowering springs and 20mm spacers all around. the wheels are the stock 18x8.5 bbs. thanks
Not much you can do if you plan to stick with those specs (stock 8.5" wheels, 1" drop springs, 20mm spacers put you at +35 offset). Going any wider will probably require you to roll your rear fenders and the larger sizes will mess up your odometer, meaning your speed in the dash will be slightly lower than the actual speed you're going.

If you're really set on going larger, then look for 255/40r18 or 265/40r18. Just be warned that you're going to a larger diameter, meaning it's similar to having taller gears that give you worse acceleration but better top speed.

You would ideally want 275/35r18 as it is the closest diameter to the stock tire, but that would usually need 18x9.5 or 18x10 wheels, preferably with around +40 offset for easier fitment.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kokin is offline   Reply With Quote