ksj1831
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 264923
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default 2011 WRX 18x7.5 +38 PF01 Questions

Please forgive my ignorance. Hopefully someone can chime in and set me straight on why this fitment would be a *bad* idea. I really like this wheel but unfortunately the 5x100 fitment options are terribly limited. I can wait around for a group buy on custom sizes, sure - but is it necessary?

I'm not looking for herrafrush, but I don't want my wheels to turtle into the fenders after it is dropped. This seems like a fairly decent compromise with the low offset but narrow dimensions. I have searched a bit and can't seem to find any 2011s with a similar fitment. I would hope to get 245s on there. Even though 255s were my original goal, I just don't see 255s on a 7.5" wheel working to my advantage. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

My car is not going to be a "track whore", "show car", or any other stereotypical build. I intend to drive it daily, possibly hit the track to see how I like it, but otherwise just a modestly built, reliable daily driver.

CF:

Are these wheels going to suck into the fender since they are so narrow even though the offset is on the lower side?

Am I losing anything other than tire options but going with this wheel?

*Bonus*: If anyone has a picture of a 08+ STI or 2011 WRX with similar fitment, they are most definitely welcome!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ksj1831; 03-31-2011 at 10:05 PM.
ksj1831 is offline   Reply With Quote