Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkwon View Post
IMHO, even a transmission shifting dial is still better than separate buttons, because once your hand is on the dial, you don't have to look down on it to shift to the gear you want, once your hand knows which way to turn for P or R, its pretty much muscle memory and your eye level dash display to tell you what you shifted to.

Push buttons however, you always have to look down at the goddamn buttons to find and then push P, R, D . Again with tight maneuvers in a crowded parking lot or doing a quick 5 point turn on a narrow road, this sucks.
I like the way Honda has implemented theirs, with the R button on a 90deg axis to the rest of the buttons. It makes going back and forth between D and R without looking a breeze (assuming it's the car you're accustomed to driving). In the Clarity, I rarely even have to find Park, since it automatically goes into park by just turning the car off.

My only complaint about the buttons is that they only work well because they take up a bunch of horizontal space in the middle of the console. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBucket View Post
And this is why column shifters are still preferred by many truck drivers/buyers.
I'm still bummed that they removed it from the Ridgeline in order to put the push buttons on a center console. I could set a backpack down in front of the console in my '10 Ridge, if I wanted to.

I'd prefer a column in any automatic/EV unless it was something worthy of a ratcheting shifter. Can we at least all agree that traditional console (manual-like) auto shifters are pointless?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty3 View Post
My wife still brings up the fact that I traded my 9 year old STi, that she arranged for me, when I got the SS. I didn’t have room to keep it and they offered a lot of it to trade yet I still hear about it every now and then. I wouldn’t says she’s mad though.
She's not mad.. but "Grounds: He got rid of the STI I gave to him." will still need a few minutes clarification during the divorce proceedings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-sun View Post
I read a few months ago about Carvana offering decent $ on used cars, but then we'd have to come up with cash out of pocket to cover that negative equity.
Oh, you definitely need a new top end trim SUV right away.

Have you considered potential weight reduction mods with zip ties for any of these vehicles?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote