View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #301
mrp669
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416220
Vehicle:
2006 Wrx
Black

I have a Precision Turbo pt1001 with opposed 3inch in out with speed density and a Dom 1.5xtr. The intercooler temp doesn't budge except during parked heat soak, that takes about 5 mins of driving to bring back down near ambient. I have two Slimline 11 inch fans on the he. 2005.5 obxt and the size 100 (24x12x1)frozen boost radiator blocked proper air flow to condenser and radiator. My tune had to be way enriched I believe due to the low air restriction(low pressure drop) of the intercooler. I custom built 2 gal reservoir to replace the washer fluid bottle. I am currently running a jabsco 12v pump wide open all the time.

I will be switching to the bmw/mercedes bosch pump with a pwm controller from sfr racing. I believe running a pump at 100% induces pump heat into the coolant, I'm guessing about a 2*f rise from it. I have my pump directly before the ic, after my res and he, so the he can't remove that heat until after it has passed thru the ic.

My other plan is to remove my he and go with a dedicated a/c water cooler like the killer chiller or interchiller type systems to keep my iat 20-30*f BELOW ambient!

I will update again when done with current upgrade plans.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mrp669; 06-06-2018 at 09:55 AM.
mrp669 is offline   Reply With Quote