Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #224
vicious_fishes
Scooby Guru

Member#: 158864
Vehicle:
2003 SOHC destroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by svynx View Post
Interesting. I currently am using the type 13 (450cfm max). From what I've read, the TD04 flows around 390-400cfm. The 41lb/min Blouch turbo I will be using flows around 593 cfm (using the 1 lb/min = 14.47178cfm equation), and that is the reason I have the type 14 (700cfm). Going by that, the type 13 would choke the turbo on the higher end. I guess it's more of a sustained use vs anything else.
I don't think they rate them by cfm meaning "choke" but rather, approximately how pressurised the charge can be before the IC simply can't cool it enough/is overwhelmed. Obviously how hot the charge gets depends on a lot of stuff so they kind of have to make a bit of a guesstimate/ballpark on what the IC can handle with some underpromise built in so people don't start buying gear that loses them performance.

But the 14 and the 13 are like $10 different so if you've got the room there's no reason not to run the 14. Bigger IS better here

In my case with my N/A manifold I only have room for the 13. I tried to get them to custom fab me one but no luck, so I'm now considering running twin coolers with one on top of the IM and one down where the battery is mounted from the factory. The fantastic thing about water cooling is that you can mount the cooler(s) anywhere you want.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vicious_fishes is offline   Reply With Quote