LostAndFound
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 253380
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jargon View Post
I made a similar comment to someone on reddit one time and got downvoted to oblivion. There was a lady living somewhere around San Francisco I think who was complaining on and on about how she couldn't afford housing, blah blah blah. The reality was the area was convenient for her because her family lived nearby, but she would rather complain about the entire housing market being against her rather than realize her own predicament has a solution: suck it up and move to a lower cost area.

Not saying this is Xan's deal, but a lot of people don't want to hear that.
Amen. I hate that site sometimes, seems like an echo chamber of screeching (whatever you want to call them). I've said similar things but many there seem to have a strong stance that A) housing should be magically be cheap and/or gov't run B)landlords shouldn't exist and are leeches C) their city in particular should be cheap and the laws of supply/demand go out the window D) Ignore the ideas of fixer uppers or moving to a cheaper area.

I think they live in this bubble of seeing things expensive now, but for years prior people moved to where and buy what they could afford, and areas developed and values went up. And for every millenial making a low salary, there's one making a stupid high salary - it blows my mind sometimes.

That said, I think we need ways to make those non coastal cities more desirable to open up the value of that land/cheap housing. Remote work makes that possible, and it would be nice to bring back SOME manufacturing which some people say it's impossible but I disagree.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
LostAndFound is offline   Reply With Quote