Old 02-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #1
GoranNoSuponsaa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515535
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Silver

Default '07 Imp has a cricket problem...

2007 2.5i wagon 5MT, bone stock, 145k~ miles.

Issues: she sounds like a cricket and makes chirping noises from a dead stop if you're lightly on the throttle. If you go WOT, it makes the same noise 'til you let off. Feels wayyy underpowered as well. Had to downshift and get on it to avoid a railroad crossing arm coming down the other day and when I got on it in second and hit about 4500 revs, it felt like it fuel cut. That may be unrelated though. E: Also, from a stop, if you're not really giving it some gas, it wants to stall out and hesitate on take off. No idea what that's about, also might be unrelated.

The only thing I can think it might be is a pinhole leak in the exhaust that I've found is a common issue. Belts/pullies are fine, but I can't replicate thanks to DBW and not having anyone close by that could rev for me.

I finally have the motivation to take care of this noise since the snow is mostly gone and the temps will be mild this week, so hopefully someone can identify this sound. Believe me when I say this--I've searched and listened to hundreds of videos of different weird noises Subies make over the last couple months, and none of them have sounded like this.

Appreciate anyone who can chime in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by GoranNoSuponsaa; 02-28-2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: more info added
GoranNoSuponsaa is offline   Reply With Quote