Old 05-22-2020, 11:07 PM   #167
Outback4Me
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 152751
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Wagon
Deep Sapphire

So yeah, I'm old. I also have mobility issues. I'm stuck in West Pasco County (Port Richey, Florida) and I swear to God there are NO shops in this area capable of doing simple repair jobs to your car without breaking something (personal experience). I've looked through the car repair reviews for the area close to where I am and I'm coming up empty-handed.

Does anyone know of a shop near New Port Richey with a skilled mechanic? I've asked my local Subaru dealer (grrrrr) about replacing the power window switch in the driver's door and at the time they told me it was too much trouble for a car as old as mine (1999).

I'd do it myself, but I just watched a video of a guy replacing the switch and I'm concerned some of the removing of things aren't at an angle I can get at with a crutch. I'd drive to the 5-Star in Tampa, but I honestly don't think my car would make it that far and I can't get stranded somewhere.

I'm afraid that any of my local mechanics would break the tabs off the door panel or front bezel if I decided to try to get one of them to do it. I've ordered the part so it should be here soon.

Anyone have a suggestion? This is a relatively easy repair and shouldn't take more than an hour. Thanks to anyone who can give me a lead.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Outback4Me is offline   Reply With Quote