Old 09-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #19
Profoxcg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169036
Vehicle:
2015 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsubaru View Post
2015 sti, I have a ron davis radiator and mishimoto oil cooler. I see DD h20 temps of 200 to 220 and oil Temps are usually about 20 degrees above coolant temp 220 to 230. But this is az. If you are hard on the car on track it will overheat. My car stock lasted 5 minutes before I was in the 240 plus h20 temperature. This was a 100 degree track day and I drive my car like I stole it. Your experience might be different depending on your situation. I would at least try to stay with the stock radiator unless you actually do start having issues. Airflow underhood and through the radiator sucks. I would try to add some ducting to direct the air to the radiator. I saw greater benefit in custom ducting than I did in changing my radiator. currently i can run flat out for 15 min plus and h20 temps are usually max 235 oil 255. This is at 90 plus ambient temperature and running quick laps. It just depends how quick you are, if you are running competitive times I feel you might have to back off at some point, just check your h20 gauge on the straights and back off if needed.

Aluminum radiator shroud 2015 sti

I wanted to share this post with you Phxsubaru.
Seems like we are seeing similar temps with the upgraded radiator? post your thoughts.

what oil cooler do you have
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote