View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:06 AM   #34
Scooby T's
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 101107
Default Brake Issues

Subaru must be using the worst metal available. I just had all new rotors and pads put on my 2001 Impreza 2.5RS last summer and as I was driving to work the other night I heard this nasty scraping noise. Not to mention that it felt like I only had half the braking power. Well when I got to work I noticed that the rear rotors were scored. The calipers are frozen and that has totally ruined my brand new pads and rotors. I have only put about 4000 miles on the car since I had this done. I am not a happy person. It's bad enough the passenger door is not opening, even with a key and that the air conditioning condensor needs to be replaced. I have an extended warranty which should have covered that but my dealer said, "no", you damaged it. Let me tell you this car has never had any front end damage. I had an adjuster from Geico look at, just to cover myself, and they said it was just pushed back by the snow. Doesn't Subaru tout that this vehicle is for winter driving?!
I would like to know if anyone has experienced this type of problem? I believe this was caused by the linings on the caliper not being cleaned when they put the brakes back.
I am new to this forum and am very happy I found it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby T's is offline   Reply With Quote