Old 01-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
ZRGLNG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 398694
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default Vibration at Highway Speeds (2015 WRX)

I'm hoping someone can offer me some sound advice on this. I bought a 2015 WRX Limited last October and ever since I've had the car, it vibrates (slightly) at 65 mph and above. It feels like it is coming from the passenger side. I took it to Subaru when I first discovered the problem and they claim it is not vibrating. I took a test drive with one of the mechanics and while I could feel it, he kept saying he didn't feel any vibration and suggested that whatever i was feeling was just the road surface. Since then, I had winter tires put on. The vibration persists. I then brought it into the same Subaru again and spoke with the head mechanic. He told me him and one of his guys took it out and did not feel anything, again suggesting that it was probably just the road I was feeling or the tires I was using (mind you, the same exact thing was happening with the stock dunlop summers). I know and can feel the difference between bumps in the road and a constant consistent vibration at a certain speed range but Subaru refuses to acknowledge the problem. What should I do at this point? Take it to a different Subaru? Take it to my own mechanic? My thought is that it is either a wheel that is out of round or maybe a faulty wheel bearing. I guess it could be something in the suspension but not sure what would cause a light shaking/vibration at highway speeds. I guess I could also take it to a wheel shop and have them take the tires off the wheels to closely inspect the wheels, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money out of my own pocket to find the problem. Again, this problem has been present since day one so it is not something I did to cause it. Can anyone recommend my next course of action? Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ZRGLNG is offline   Reply With Quote