Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/11 CRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Duster View Post
Prior to leaving for Korea in March of 2019, I bought a Klipsch RSB-11 sound bar/ sub setup. A couple of months ago, sound from the sound bar would cut out and only play the sub, but it'd happen intermittently.

Welp, now it's dead all together (minus the sub). Of course it's out of warranty. I took it apart to look for something obviously loose, as one time tapping on it seemed to make it work Of course nothing is obvious, so I assume it's something on the little main board that contains basically everything.

I sent a support message to Klipsch asking about a replacement board or repair service. I'm hoping they're willing to help somehow. If not, I have a $400 paperweight
Sounds like it could be a bad solder joint on the board somewhere. These can usually be spotted with a careful visual inspection, the component lead will look like it has a ring around it. Reflowing the connection with fresh solder should take care of it.
These are most common on thermally and mechanically stressed components like large transistors, regulators, connectors, power resistors etc.
Since you hate soldering have a beer first.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote