View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #17
wrigh003
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13997
Chapter/Region: South East

Hey guys. I haven't been in here in an age - this is probably the only thread on here that I am qualified to be on any more. Many/most of the other old schoolers seem to have moved on. :/

I've been an extremely dedicated lifter for quite some time at this point, but have more or less given up on powerlifting as a real thing to do. I got my 3/4/5 plate lifts on B/S/D and a little more, but have let most of that grinding for more loading go in favor of hypertrophy focus and just... not being a 300# dude. It's been kinda fun- I'm still 80% as strong as I ever was, but I look a lot better - which is half the goal anyway. I'm OK saying so.

If COVID finally quits being a thing this year, I will likely look back into my MMA/BJJ gym as a thing to do. Planned on that for last year but didn't (still don't) feel like getting up close and personal with some random dude at least a couple times a week is the move. And then I'll get to half and half a) frustrate people who are angry about rolling with a 250# weightlifter, and b) get tapped with ease by upper belts as an example to others. I am a great grappling dummy- I look forward to being a teaching aid again one of these days.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrigh003 is offline   Reply With Quote