Old 12-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #1269
Traffic Baron
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316645
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch WRB
'17 RWD Malibu

I have the EVGA SC ACX 2.0 that is listed http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NVODXR4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Now, I've only had it running for a few days, but I've had two issues I'm trying to figure out that seem to look unrelated to EVGA:
-Coil whine EDIT: I can't pick it up anymore. It's either not there, or very faint/different frequency.
-Crashing during the 3DMark "skydiver" test.

Both seem to be somewhat common with 970s. It seems that a lot of people are having their 970s crash at the same point during the "Skydiver" demo (soon after she enters the pyramid), however, I scored well in "Firestrike" and had no issues running it. I'm chalking this up to a non-issue since, so far, game performance has been fine.

The Coil whine has improved. It was really strong in the beginning when I first tested SR4 and began using 3DMark to benchmark. However, as I tried to diagnose my "Skydiver" issue, the coil whine began to reduce. I played Skyrim for 2.5hrs last night without any noticeable whine. I did notice some whine with a quick SR4 test and during "Firestrike" in 3DMark, but not much at all.

With that said, I had both games set on ultra settings. Skyrim was pegged at the cap of 60fps and SR4 never dipped below 62. I'm happy. I'm hoping to get the chance this week to try out Far Cry 4 for a true test, but I can't promise.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Traffic Baron; 12-15-2014 at 07:24 AM. Reason: experience changed
Traffic Baron is offline   Reply With Quote