Susie's Suby
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 21370
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
01 Impreza RS 2.5
Blew-ridge Pearl

Default Suburban of Pgh *still* sucks...

The saga continues...

My subie is broken down, had to leave it in Wheeling, WVA. I am so pissed I can barely type this.

A few days ago, I had trouble starting the car. The battery was 4 years/100,000+ old so we replaced it. At my gig on Friday in Wheeling, I once again couldn't start it. AAA towed it to a repair place down there & got a ride back to Pittsburgh.

So guess what the problem was??? The cam sensor was never bolted on tightly enough after they "fixed" the engine, after the new "faulty" timing belt tensioner they'd installed last November broke and put the car out of commission in the middle of nowhere. The cam sensor eventually worked its way loose and stranded me again. If I hadn't gotten a ride to the concert hall, I would have been out of a gig.

The repairs at the so-called "service" department at Suburban Subaru in Pittsburgh are like time bombs. I don't know what's going to go wrong next in what has been an extremely reliable car up until now.

I'm definitely calling SOA about this dealer's service dept. If anyone else has had problems not already mentioned in this thread, please reply. I'm extremely frustrated by this chain of events.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Susie's Suby is offline   Reply With Quote