Pre
Scooby Guru

Member#: 139693
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I just don't see the "risk". The biggest risk they took was releasing the car at all and fortunately it worked out for them. So it's fine if they want to stagger the higher production 86 six months or so apart from the limited production BRZ.

The BRZ was never meant to be the bread winner. Had the 86 not done so well then the BRZ would've been axed right away, with the 86 following soon after. Subaru was fine with making it a limited production run. So they're also fine with debuting it and selling it sooner since it'll stand as more of a preview of things to come. I believe the same happened with the BMW Z4 and the Toyota Supra.
Toyota sells a much higher volume of cars than Subaru. That = them selling more 86’s than Subaru sells BRZ’s. More dealerships, more volume, blah blah.

I think the new BRZ looks tattays and there isn’t much Toyota can do to it without spending big $ Different bumper, headlights/tail lights, that’s about it. And different options. Subaru builds the f’er and it’s their engine so I don’t know why anyone would wait, unless it’s to see if Toyo releases a trim with a performance pack.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.