Mucho Maas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212389
Vehicle:
2009 WRX 5-door
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
Yeah. My 2015 WRX had a stock gauge, and I added one to my 2020 STI for the same reason; being able to see the actual oil temperature, and when it was actually up to temp, is huge. There is almost 0 correlation between coolant temp and oil temp; oil temp takes forever in comparison.

To the OP, you could just, ya know, drive it more too. I've been WFH for the last year, and just make a habit of taking all of my cars, including the wife's, on nice, warm-me-up drives during the winter. Get it up to temp, bang it through the rev limiter, actually get it driving and warmed up. Get the oil temp up to a nice 200+, etc etc. Plus, it's 'fun'.

Battery issues aside, just getting the damn cars moving is huge. Warm it up. Instead of a 10 minute drive home, make it a 30 minute one, and rev the bitch out a bit.
I've been doing some extra driving on my daily commutes, and want to add an oil temp gauge. Where did you install your sensor? I found a thread with lots of debating about the "best" place. The best place for me will be the simplest install, and I'm guessing that might be the oil gallery access port underneath the intercooler. I'd welcome any tips for specific hardware kits or install shortcuts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mucho Maas is offline   Reply With Quote