Old 02-13-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
Chi_San
Scooby Guru

Member#: 53558
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
White/Silver/Black 3tone

Well... I tore out my cluster (for the 5th time), put an incandescent bulb behind the Battery indicator, and a second one behind the Brake indicator, and made sure the good LED bulbs I got went everywhere else.

Then, I reinstalled the cluster, trim, etc., jacked it up, pulled the front wheels, and tore the Snorkus out. I wish I had a firearm, I would take it out behind the shed and put it out of it's misery. As it is, I'll just be tossing it in the garbage.

After showing the snorkus the bottom of my foot a few times, I pulled both turn signal bulbs out... Blah! I then ran down to the local parts place, and bought to 1156A bulbs, ran home, pulled both the 1156 and 1157 bulbs from the left side housing and replaced them. Then, after reinstalling the fender liner, I repeated the process on the right side.

I did an oil change, complete with WIX filter.

And finally, the finale, I rotated my tires.

Last thursday, I replaced the two running lights in the lift gate (I might be doing a short write up on how to get to them), and then I replaced the bulbs in the license plate housing. I also installed a new driver side frog light housing (omg thank you ebay, $30 shipped for a used, but totally serviceable housing, complete with a brand new bulb and the bracket), and then I installed brand new 3500k (yellow) bulbs in both fog lights. The driver side was brand new (I've kept it), but the passenger side bulb was just about done (the filament was melty).

The only bulbs I have yet to replace are the headlights and high beams. Brake lights are LED with ballasts, though I went with standard incandescent bulbs for the front turn signals. I didn't want to mess with installing FOUR ballasts. >_> I'm thinking 3500k high beams and 4300k low beams.

So yes, I did a LOT to the old gal today.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chi_San is offline   Reply With Quote