View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:58 PM   #3289
Skylab
n00b Moderator

Member#: 4263
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default COVID-19... gonna be COVID-1 Million soon. Take the vaccine and don't quote trolls.

Last month, a coworker took a voluntary COVID test at a local pharmacy. He tested positive, but had no symptoms. A group text message was sent from him stating he felt fine and he knows he didn’t get any of us sick.

Management scolded him for letting us know. (He was off the clock, and I’m pretty sure it’s legal to volunteer your health status as a precaution). So I gave him a call and advised him to contact HR and the union rep as management generally doesn’t know what they’re talking about. And I added that he doesn’t know if he got anyone else sick.

Long story short, the phone call I had with my coworker was on a Tuesday afternoon. Thursday at 3am, he was on a ventilator in the ER. He was there for a week and recovered. But his vocal chords were damaged. He’s back at work on light duty. 30’ish years old. None of his family got sick from him.

This was the third employee in a short time span to get sick. My employer tested all of us, and out of 20 people, one didn’t return to work after the results came in. (Excluding the three that were already sick).

COVID notifications are posted by the time clock. And obviously they can’t say who gets sick. I look around and see who’s not there and isn’t on vacation.

I think that makes five coworkers now. Company was legally obligated to notify the county health board and it was published in the news, or on their health website.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.