Thread: Porsche owners
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 11:53 PM   #8504
WRX300
*** Banned ***

Member#: 17974
Chapter/Region: SWIC

I honestly try not to total up the receipts

its been a long strange trip the past couple years - left Porsche after 22 years two years ago- kinda hit the ceiling of progression - started doing System Architecture for a software dev and then a year into it covid hit so ive been working from home and finally have time

printed TPS sensor bracket - the actual arm kept breaking so temporarily I just used some brass pieces to ghetto fab one

this is the nut that holds the pass side carb bank throttle shaft in place

and i just made it so it would slip into the keyed opening on the sensor

Ive collected like 5 different sets of Triumph Triple throttles - these are the two ive settled on to pick from - one fits better but the other has a built in IAC valves which I think would be nice - the bars by the adjustable nut ****er are the fuel rails

driver lower bank of 3 coilpacks - I originally started out using Beru Panamera 9PA coilpacks but they have a weird ASIC processor in them and the Haltech cant trigger them correctly

i literally messed with just the coilpacks for a month before just giving up on $1200 with of coil packs... the audi R8 ones are much cheaper like $48/each and are apparently what all the haltech guys used (haltech support is pretty cool theyre remote into your ECU for remote support)

heres a video of me finally internally acknowledging the waste of money by using LED lights wired into the haltech harness on the coilpack outputs
http://www.fivebyfiveresearch.com/OT/leds.mp4

****if anyone needs cayenne 9PA Ccoilpacks ill make you a really good deal - theyre OEM Beru units*****

the well organized and labeled harness that I started out with

I ripped out the rear shelf because its not needed when not running the stock CDI stuff or in my case its where the MSD 6AL was - you can see the 20amp circuit breakers/pod each cylinders packs go to one breaker (so like 1A/1B 2A/2B)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRX300 is offline   Reply With Quote