Super Moderator

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSubaruSTI View Post
I’ve heard good things about them but I rather spend the money on a magnetic drain plug for extra security. Currently running the Dimple Magnetic drain plug and that magnet is STRONG as hell.
If you really cared about oil, which you do not, you'd have an oil bypass setup installed on your car. Those are ~$300 and utilize TWO oil filters. You do not have one. You do not care. Those will legitimately clean you oil 1000% better than what you are doing now.

There is no extra security in a magnetic drain plug even if it is stronger than Zeus himself as anything found on the plug would be captured in the oil filter with or without the presence of an magnet.

Tribology is a neat topic. But you are beyond your knowledge base. I run Walmart SuperTech synthetic oil and whatever filter is on sale and my oil changes, every 5000 miles, run ~$22. My WRX is at 320,000 miles. Oil stuff does not matter as much as people think it does. Change it. Go about your life.

Now if you don't believe me, that's terrific. Prove me wrong. Order 2 test kits from https://www.blackstone-labs.com/prod...ree-test-kits/ and do a test using the same oil, same filter, same mileage with and without a magnetic drain plug. When you post the results, PM me here and I'll paypal you $30 to show I put my money where my fat mouth is.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote