View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
ewt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14506
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy Spec.B
DGM

I believe, WRXURV8, he is talking about the next generation, like the 2006 model or whatever. From what I have read so far, the new STi in Japan is nearly perfect, and ours should be at least as good. I too am wondering what the next gen would be like, only because any further improvements to a car in this price would seem to be so difficult. I would have to guess that they would include styling improvements (I love the new style and I am used to the bugeye, so that is not a complaint) because of their new chief designer. Everything else would have to be merely tweaks to performance or efficiency-- I mean, how good can it get? :-)

As for the 2004 model, we are getting it here in Canada, and it is estimated to be "low to mid 40's" in CAD. This is from this morning's Toronto Star report. I would bet that with DCCD it will come in a couple grand less than the Track-model Z, which lists at $46,500 CAD. And even though I am hoping they keep the weight low, I am certainly going to add some stuff back in (stereo, mats, etc.) But here in Canada I also think the cold weather package is essential-- I hope they ignore the weight savings and keep these features in the STi. I mean, one can enjoy playing in the snow a lot more with a warm butt, no? :-)

Eric
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ewt is offline   Reply With Quote