Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20405
Vehicle:
2000 OBS WRX Swap
Green

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick

True this isn't a money issue...

The point of this merger is to attempt to get these discussion where it belongs. Most of the STi owners who have been sheltered in here for the past few months are missing a WEALTH of information that's out there already. This forces them to go search for the answers and if they can't find then, pose the question to people who have more answers than you could ever imagine. This is a move to unify the board, keeping the STi forum open only helps create a little sub-community on an already existing community.

Now I would see your point if this were just a generic car website... with no make or model specificity, but it's not... it's a Subaru website, and more specifically a website about Imprezas. So the design of the forums is purpose built for discussion about these cars specifically.

I'll be honest... I liked the STi forum myself... having one... but it was the lazy man's solution to looking through the forums. Since I've started looking again through the other forums for my info, I found info that I wouldn't have unless I did venture into those other forums.

And we have to all be honest here... the STi forum wasn't that great of a wealth of info. I'm sure it could be narrowed down into about the same 10 questions asked over and over again. There were certainly the few really good threads, but most of it was just repetition of the same questions.

-Nick
I think that's the best way to look at it.. most of the STI owners thinks 99% of the their car is different than the other Imprezas out there..

While a lot of STI parts are different, the design and support for most of the parts are the same or similar. STI parts are by in large interchangeable with WRX and other Imprezas.

There are a ton of information and knowledge that should be shared in more specific forums rather than a bunch of newbie STI owners shelter themselves in their own "badge" forum.

Those noob questions like "what oil for STI?" or "what floor mat for STI?" should all go to the right segment forums.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.