Old 03-17-2021, 03:50 AM   #8
atbwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447001
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
White

WIRING IT UP:

Sorry no pics of wiring. Basically you remove the hatch floor covering to expose the spare tire, then remove the trim piece that covers the bottom of the hatch opening (two plastic plugs). This exposes a quarter sized rubber plug to the left. Push it through and it will drop to the ground. Use a razor, or fold in half and use scissors, and cut a hole in the center rubber plug. Feed the F1 light wire through the hole, and reinstall the plug. The wire is now going from the F1 light into the hatch area. I wired mine into the driver side tail light harness. I unbolted a portion of the driver side rear hatch trim to get access to where the tail light harness feeds through the body to the tail light assembly. There's a plastic hook clip on the interior hatch liner on the bottom rear of the hatch area and another identical one near the rear seat back (fold it forward). Use a flat tip from the side to pop them open and it will expose a 10mm bolt that needs to be removed. There a round metal hook about half way up on the rear corner that has a phillips inside, and another exposed phillips head higher up in the C panel in the upper trim panel, both have to be removed. This will allow you to pull the panel (you won't be able to remove it) away from the hatch wall. With the tail light assemble removed, use a razor blade or scissors to cut a hole through the grommet that the tail light wiring harness comes through. Then from inside the hatch, feed the F1 wire through the hole in the grommet into the tail light lens recess. Since you can't use the plug and play wire, cut off the terminal on the end of the F1 wire. Strip away the electrical tape/plastic casing on the stock taillight harness. It will expose four wires going to the tail light plug. Use vamp clamps or solder as follows:

Harness..............--..................F-1 LIght
Brown w/ Grey dots.......--......Red
Black ...............................--......Black
Black w/White stripe......--......Blue
White w/Red stripe.........--.....Not used
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by atbwrx; 03-17-2021 at 09:58 AM.
atbwrx is offline   Reply With Quote