View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
daviesgeek
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473766
Default Rear hatch bumper marker lights

Hi there,

I bought some rear bumper marker lights to replace the stock reflectors on my 2008 Impreza hatch. They’re the lower bumper reflectors that normally are just red reflectors.

I bought a set off eBay, wired ‘em all in but am now having issues with two things: my dash is lit up with a bunch of new lights (ABS, TCR, and hill hold) and the new lights aren’t working as expected.

The lights come with three wires: ground, tail, & brake. I figured out which wires were which on the harness and spliced in before the OEM connector (so body side of the harness). I followed someone else’s tutorial on YT and theirs seemed to work just fine without any issues. Aside from dash lights being on, the issue I’m facing is with the lights not working quite properly. When the tail lights are on, the lights won’t come on unless I remove the other side of the light (the brake side). The brake side of the light works just fine either way but the tail side is causing issues.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

I’ll post some pics and links if I can from my phone.

Edit: this is a link to the lights I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-LED-Bumper-Reflector-Brake-Tail-Light-Signal-Lamps-For-2008-2014-Subaru-WRX-/174562742952
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
daviesgeek is offline   Reply With Quote