Scooby Newbie

Member#: 444205
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfount View Post
So I took the interior map light assembly out last night and didn't really notice anything that looked like it would be causing the issue you described. Photos with thoughts below:

All I altered/bent when installing the new bulbs were the prongs you see highlighted in the photo below -

The two yellow boxes in the photo below indicate the connection points that operate the map lights. If I only plug in the upper connection (two metal prongs, very close to the bulb) then the lights toggle on/off (but don't turn on when I open the door). Once I plug in the lower connection (wrapped with foam wrapping), then they both turn on, and stay on, toggling between bright and brighter.

If I only plug in the lower (foam wrapped) connection, they do not work at all.

Not sure if you see anything off/wrong here Cougar, but you are much more knowledgeable than I, and I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you again!
Wow, this actually helped me with what I wanted to do. Installed a low level red led in the domdone and the white map led's were washing it out. I was looking for a way to disable the maps on door open and you just provided! Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sluder is offline   Reply With Quote