View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #125
L Bo
RIP Brother

Member#: 8739
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteH2O View Post
How long of a paddle are you using with it? If it is over 206cm, find something shorter. Keep the blade as close to the boat as you can, with the paddle vertical in the water, that will reduce the amount of yaw with each stroke. For now, just concentrate on going a little slower so that when the bow starts to break right or left, you can put in a good sweep on the other side to get you going back straight.
Thanks for the advice. It came with a short 1 piece paddle, I think it's fiberglass. The blades are angled in opposite directions of each other, like a + sign. I had to concentrate on twisting my wrists to get a clean stroke each time so I opted for a better longer paddle as seen in the pic. Now the comment about the yaw makes sense. Think duct taping an arrow to the back will help with tracking?

I think the paddle that came with it is a white water paddle of sorts, my guess. I bet this Poke Boat will teach me basics of paddleing in a punishing way...... if I don't get frustrated first.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
L Bo is offline   Reply With Quote