Old 12-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #26
SailRacer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 70211
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy Limited
Some kind of silver.

I just bought a kayak when it was on sale after Thanksgiving.

I wanted a flat water (lake) kayak, I did not want to get that wet or get to cold if a small rain or storm kicked up while I was out. I bought a sit in kayak. With a sit in kayak I can stay dryer and warmer and still hop out to take a swim. My kayak also has a water sealed storage compartment. It also has adjustable foot rests.

A kayak is all about what you want to do with it, just like any boat (this has been posted before).

I can't wait for the spring to go kayaking! I will be able to go out a lot earlier since I have a sit in boat rather than a sit on top boat.

I do not agree that you have to have an expensive kayak to have fun though (as stated in this thread), the kayak that I bought is the cheapest sit in kayak that you can buy and I read about thirty customer reviews about it and just about all of them were positive. As in any sport or hobby you will find people that believe that you have to spend a lot and buy the best to be ubber cool and fast and look hot. I don't believe that crap. You can take a great picture with a cheap camera and have a great time with a cheap kayak.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SailRacer; 12-27-2009 at 04:30 PM.
SailRacer is offline   Reply With Quote