Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Default TGV Problems

Name: Bob Roth

Make: 2002 WRX Sedan

Milage: 8K

Time out of use: First time - 2 weeks, second time, unknown still

Problem & Likely Cause: TGV valve failures (CEL Codes 1090, 1092, 1094) - in 3 months ago and they supposedly replaced them. Back on again (same codes) today.

Modifications: Turbo XS muffler, Stromung DP (no cat - modified to split wastegate) and midpipe, Godspeed UP, Pulleys, catch can, water spray, coilovers and swaybars, new brakes and lines, colder plugs, UTEC

Submitted for warranty work: YES - covered first time, will submit again UPDATE: Denied coverage this time... claim that my 'catch can' install voids any warranty work.... lord.

My Story: Car has been having intermittent TGV problems since new. Throws code, then seems fine for a while. Eventually, throws code all the time and the TGV stays stuck closed (car runs like crap!). Has been 'fixed' once - dealer was actually very good about mods, etc. I think they must have only replaced some of the pieces and not pulled the whole intake manifold - we'll see what happens this time....

UPDATE: Won't cover this time... catch can causing problems ????? So, anyone know of a place to get a TGV free intake manifold and have directions for pulling this piece. These have been a problem since day one for me, and I really only did mods after I thought they'd been fixed....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by rwroth; 11-04-2002 at 11:30 AM.
rwroth is offline   Reply With Quote