Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528403
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
22' WR-HikingShoe
23' F250, 18' Q5, 18' CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpala11 View Post
I've seen one on the road, missed one on the road (fiance driving and I was on my phone, she didn't like it), and two at a stealer. I've said it a bunch of times across the site but it doesn't look as bad in person. Even the horrible rear bumper (it is still not good).

My biggest gripe since the announcement has always been about the powertrain. We all knew it was gonna look like garbage for a year before we saw it, but I was perfectly willing to look past that. Now with the restrictions on tuning who cares about the FA24 ceiling? Until there's a workaround I guess.
Check out r:2022wrx. Theres a few people with the Jb4 mod. Basically is a program that tricks the ecu into thinking its only pushing 13.5lbs tq, when youre actually pushing a lot more via your real (separate) gauge. Just a few extra pounds making a rather large difference in performance. You dont even need the JB4. Put e30 in, replace the intake filter (remove charcoal filter) and add a turboback exhaust on a stock ecu and the car pushes over 300whp without even trying.

As for looks, just as predicted, those who are fortunate with income (Are) taking advantage of all the new aftermarket parts with smiles on their faces. Theres 40 of us in a Instagram Group chat helping each other with new products, fitment, installation, etc (All things that should be available here at NASIOC,) without the negative nancy banter. And those not fortunate with income are still getting an AWD/turbo, stock v stock quicker car than the VA, Last of the ICE era, value buy (That will hold its value) starting at 30k.
Just like those who first bought the 2015 despite the constant "its a civic" drone. The 2022 isnt for everyone, buy something else, like:

Great Alternative - Audi S3. AWD, DCT, Leather, No large screen, same size (ish), starts at 44,000usd, and only slightly quicker than a stock 22' VB. Add about 4k with fees/taxes/options/etc - $48,000.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Russ_G93; 06-30-2022 at 12:17 PM.
Russ_G93 is offline   Reply With Quote