protivakid
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265148
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiyman View Post
I actually did that last night and found out that's exactly what happened to mine too. I took it to a shop to get bridged as well and it didn't work. I think these boards were designed to break at that specific spot. But did you find a solution to it or was the head unit junk.
I think they design the board to flex there so that people pressing the volume in doesn't destroy the pcb. Though auto part sellers not used to handling electronics often use very poor packing material when shipping these.

Unfortunately no, I'm very handy at soldering but after multiple attempts I could sometimes get the radio to behave 30-60 minutes and then after a few pushes of volume it would go right back to doing what it did. I believe it's a multi layer pcb so even though I fixed the top connections it would have been a job to do everything.

What I eventually did was bought a cheap no power radio on ebay and swapped the good faceplate from that, over to the bad volume radio with the good base to make 1 working franken-radio haha.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
protivakid is offline   Reply With Quote