The Godfather

Member#: 2
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
Rally Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally posted by hokiewrx
This is a two in one hand half a dozen in the other issue. From my point of view, forums cost nothing to keep open. So, I really don't understand the point in closing down a valueable information source for STi owners. I venture to say, as I own an STi I am not afraid to venture into some of the other forums to see what is being discussed, and likewise others who don't own STi's probably venture into the STi forum. On the other hand, this move will encourage other STi specific forums to open which is no secret. I suppose everyone is happy in the end?
True this isn't a money issue...

The point of this merger is to attempt to get these discussion where it belongs. Most of the STi owners who have been sheltered in here for the past few months are missing a WEALTH of information that's out there already. This forces them to go search for the answers and if they can't find then, pose the question to people who have more answers than you could ever imagine. This is a move to unify the board, keeping the STi forum open only helps create a little sub-community on an already existing community.

Now I would see your point if this were just a generic car website... with no make or model specificity, but it's not... it's a Subaru website, and more specifically a website about Imprezas. So the design of the forums is purpose built for discussion about these cars specifically.

I'll be honest... I liked the STi forum myself... having one... but it was the lazy man's solution to looking through the forums. Since I've started looking again through the other forums for my info, I found info that I wouldn't have unless I did venture into those other forums.

And we have to all be honest here... the STi forum wasn't that great of a wealth of info. I'm sure it could be narrowed down into about the same 10 questions asked over and over again. There were certainly the few really good threads, but most of it was just repetition of the same questions.

-Nick
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.