protivakid
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265148
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjson View Post
So I think I did some serious damage to the WRX. I was having issues with louder hum from the AXXESS Tyto so I pulled the headunit out and was messing around with the batt term off. Then I reconnected the term and was playing with the head unit including cycling between off, acc, and on (I have a push to starto.

But now, I cannot get the car to go into the "on" mode and I cannot start it (no crank). I have checked every fuse in the dash and engine bay. The car DOES go into ACC mode and the headunit powers up. Then when I hold the clutch in the little light on the push to start button goes from orange to green. Then when I push the button, nothing happens. No dash lights, no crank, nothing.

Note when I am in ACC I see little profile of the WRX in the gauge cluster screen. But, it will not do the thing where the tachy and speedo go up and down. There are no gauge cluster lights except for occasional flashing of the car and lock symbol.

Basically it is acting normaly until you try to go to "on" and then nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjson View Post
I have been messing with the headunit and cycling power and now my car won't start. It won't even go into the 'On" position. I think I some how tripped the immobilizer because I am getting a warning about my keyless access system is disabled. Has anyone had issues with this?
I don't want to get too off topic in this thread but it sounds like you tripped the immobilizer, it doesn't sound to me anyways that you damaged anything. I found this from a Forester manual. http://www.subsuv.com/subco-95.html

If this doesn't work I'd suggest asking in the WRX Facebook group or in a more active sub-thread here if you want some quick replies.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
protivakid is offline   Reply With Quote