Scooby Guru

Member#: 82745
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru STI
2003 EJ207 S204 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapBox View Post
I'm not following this logic at all. You can apply the same "reasoning" to literally any pass not counting a DRS-enabled blow-by before they even reach the braking zone.

When a driver comes up the inside under braking, they're typically not able to "out run" the leading driver's line. They get along side, and force the leading driver to alter their line, and not turn down to the apex as they would on their traditional line.

This is exactly the same situation, outside vs. inside. The driver being passed nearly always has to alter their line and yield. That certainly doesn't make something a clean pass vs. an unclean pass.

Yes, I understand the outside pass requires a more attentive driver being passed (as he has to resist getting back on the throttle so quickly so he can tighten his radius), but that's hardly asking too much.

What I do find interesting is that, typically, the outside driver will yield and go off-track to avoid the contact. Albon didn't. I don't think he had to, but perhaps that's where he was being a "rookie". Driver's don't tend to yield to other cars around the outside like that, so if you do attempt the pass, be prepared to forced off track, unless you're willing to wreck. He didn't yield and he wrecked.

Perhaps next time he'll just be forced off track by Lewis, just as everyone else has been at one time or another, like a good little boy.
Even the pro agrees that Ham should not have been punished and it was Albon (because he was coming in on the outside) and at worse it was a racing incident

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Fierysun is offline   Reply With Quote