Richard L
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 85153
Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 614inda617
This sounds like a step in the right direction.

My plans are modest for my car. Turboback, 50/50 wi/meth, and the requisite engine management. Unfortunately, with an upgraded exhaust, STi's suffer from boost creep without upgrading the wastegate in some way. Simply running wastegate boost in the case of a problem will likely be insufficient protection for my planed setup.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. What does the Boost Control Valve....control? The Waste Gate or the Blow Off Valve? Perhaps opening the blow off valve would be sufficient? Dunno.

Looking for more suggestions.
When a "failsafe" triggers, lowering your boost is very effective, but if you have boost creep, then you may consider dumping some extra fuel into your engine.

This can be done quite easily. Add an inline resistor to your engine coolant sensor, When the failsafe relay triggeres,to splice in the resistor and fooling the ECU in thinking that the engine is cold and adds more fuel. The amount of extra fuel added will be relative to the resistor value.

Just a suggestion. If you think this a a feasible alternative, I can post a drawing to that effect.

Richard
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Richard L is offline   Reply With Quote