Old 07-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
frugalrhombus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494291
Vehicle:
2019 STI
Dark Gray

Default 2019 FP Black Stock location build

So I had made a post back in march saying I was planning a 600+ HP build on my 2019 STI and I know a lot of people say they are going to do it and then don't follow through but I did! Finished up the tune late last month and still trying to iron out some smaller issues but the thing runs like a BEAST so far.

All the work was done by a shop called WRXperts in South Florida. They are the only people who have worked on this car since it was new and I recommend them to EVERYONE in the area.

So I went with a closed deck block and 1/2" headstuds it was done by a local guy near me that is known for working magic on subarus and evos, Bertune Motors.

Here is the mod list(I may be forgetting a few things but hopefully not): Manley turbo tuff rods and pistons, GSC valves and springs, Kelford 220d cams, lightweight crank pully, ID 2000cc injectors, torque solutions rails, lines and TGV deletes, radium dual hanger with 2 walbro 450s, torque solutions 3" turbo inlet (this is a new product I got the first one), Corsa Veloce intake manifold, killer B oil pan and pick up and a JDM 12mm oil pump.

The rest of the mods were the same as what I was running when I was at 440 with my FP blue so that would be ETS 3.5" FMIC, tomei EL headers, r400 exhaust, grimspeed EBCS and up pipe.

Here is a pic of the current engine bay:

Now onto the tune, this is where things got interesting! It is tuned by Mikey Botti and when we got onto the dyno we ran into an issue that he says is common on the 2019 and only them but I don't remember running in to on previous tuning sessions and that is that the speedometer sensor kept cutting out which was then causing the differentials to freak out so we only got a few pulls on the dyno done before we had to finish it on the street.

Before we hit the issues, it made 470 whp on just wastegate which was sprung to 20 psi which is crazy because that is more than I was making on the FP blue at full boost and then he got like 2 more good pulls in and the best it did was 560 on 26 psi. On the street tune, he got it up to 33 psi and he said that would probably be "an honest 630 hp" but was wondering what you all thought of that number.

Here is the pic from the dyno:

The only 2 things I did not do that I regret doing is keeping the same ACT HD street clutch because it said it was rated for 515 torque and I honestly wasn't expecting it to make this much power and leaving the stock axles. Because of those 2 things, I have been afraid to launch it but don't know if I'm just being a sissy and should just send it or if it is a valid concern.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
frugalrhombus is offline   Reply With Quote