View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 02:39 PM   #1
Brew78
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465505
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza

Default Best way to repair tipped/torn ceiling fabric?

Was throwing out a busted up canopy last weekend that got destroyed in a wind storm before I could get it down. Several of the joints popped, there were some broken pipes, it just really wasn't repairable. So I bring it to the transfer station to chuck the frame in the scrap metal recycling tub.

It still folded up nice enough, but it was catching a little when trying to pull it out of the back of my Impreza. I couldn't see and therefore didn't notice that one of the broken pipes had angled up and was sticking into the ceiling. I thought it was just catching on the rear center head rest.

Well, I pulled a bit too hard and it came free, but it also ripped a series of tears into the ceiling, all in a line. The rear most one is the biggest and I can pretty clearly see the small triangle of fabric hanging down in the rearview mirror.

Is this sort of thing even repairable? Do I need to somehow replace the whole ceiling? Is there some brand or type of fabric tape that will at least patch it up to make it less noticeable? I'm not especially handy as far as this sort of work goes, so I'm willing to sacrifice some level of how it looks if it'll be something I can actually do.

Thanks in advance!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Brew78 is offline   Reply With Quote