Old 08-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #154
TitoBandito
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318302
Vehicle:
2004 Sti
WRB

Re: Vettel retiring
Kinda sad to see him leave but I think it's the right decision. I can't believe he's one of the old guard now, he was basically a kid when he got his first full season. I actually didn't like him during his dominant years in Red Bull. But since 2015 I've slowly warmed up to Seb, and you don't become a 4-time world champion for no reason (though some of the reasons DO include blown diffusers and Adrian Newey). I like Alonso as well and if he stays competitive next year, that's great, but if it turns into a season or two in the back of the midfield or lower then retirement this year will have looked like a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Capacity View Post
I was at that race in Montreal sitting on the stands on the exit of the hairpin. We sat there pretty much for 14 years. I also have a signed picture of Nigel from a bat turn he did during a practice run at that hairpin.
Nice! Must have been amazing and deafening to watch those races during the V12-V10 era. I finally made it to the grand prix in Montreal in 2019 after 10 years of planning and not following through. I sat in either the same grandstand or the one next to it. Didn't see as much action at the hairpin as I thought I would, but maybe 2019 was just an off year for that.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TitoBandito is offline   Reply With Quote