Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91952

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmaze View Post
I did a thing.

Tikka T3x TACT A1 in 6.5

Entry level quality scope? All I've used was 30-50 dollar 4-10x40

Bushnell Dusk n Dawn 6-18x50

I've been having too much fun with the 22 at 100yd now, and wanted to go to 300. Ticks the "sniper rifle" category as well.

Last one on the list is a DE, but my local CA ranges don't allow pistol calibers into the 400s.
That scope is a joke, right? Please tell me you're joking. If I just bought that rifle I would spend $2k on a Vortex Razor 2 or a Nightforce. I would spend time on snipershide, the optics board, and start doing research. There are plenty of threads on "what scope should I get". There are often good deals to be had in the optics for sale thread if you are comfortable with that. Another option if your budget is tight would be to check out SWFA. I believe they normally have a black friday sale. Their scopes are made in Japan and are extremely rugged from what I have read (never owned one). Their reticles are love/hate and they do not come with zero stop, and some do not have illumination, but for the money they are a good option. At the very least I would look for something not made in China, does not have capped elevation and windage, has zero stop and illumination (your choice). Start figuring out if want Mil or Moa. Not sure of your budget, but if you bought a $1600 rifle you should be able to get a decent scope. If I were you, I would spend $1k on a used Razor Gen 1 5-20 or $1350 on a Razor Gen 2 3-18. The Vortex PST line is a step down from the Razor, but I think they are pretty decent.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Radiohead71 is offline   Reply With Quote