trail*of*dead
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50306
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien View Post
If I spent $3k+ on a TV I'd spend 3k+ on the accompanying sound system, in fact I'd generally prefer to spend more on the sound than the screen. That Onkyo is superior to everything Bose makes, but I wouldn't pair it with that TV.

And if all you are aware of is Bose and various name brand HTIB products, then don't even try furthering this discussion.
Trust me, I thought about going all out with the sound system.

I have had the TV for a while without surround sound, so any system is better than what I had before. My cousin has the sister 5.1 Onkyo system (which he can't even turn up all the way in his apartment without neighbors banging on walls and ceilings), and for the money I think the 7.1 I bought is hard to beat.

Don't get me wrong, there are some very nice systems in the "theatre" rooms at various electronic stores. But I bought my whole system for less than I would have paid to buy just one of the speakers out of a set that I looked at.

I might upgrade somewhere farther down the line, but I have bought to much crap lately and I couldn't afford to drop over 3k on a sound system this year.

PS. I am watching "fearless" in 1080i HDDVD right now on the 360 with the speakers pumped...............
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
trail*of*dead is offline   Reply With Quote